ESMI Welcomes Dr. Bresile St. Germain,
Coordinator of Leadership Development
Dr. Bresile St. Germain grew up in Haiti and came to know the Lord at the age of 19. Not long thereafter, he sensed God’s calling on his life to be in full-time ministry. Pastor Bre, as he is affectionately called, has now been in ministry for 56 years and at the young age of 77, has no plans to retire until Jesus calls him Home. Here is a list of a few of the things God has used him to do as His servant in Haiti, North America and other French-speaking countries:
- served as the president of MEBSH (Mission Evangelique Baptiste du Sud Haiti) for 19 years, representing 4 consecutive terms
- saw the growth of MEBSH churches from 168 to 374 at the end of those 19 years
- 35 years as a church planter / pastor in Haiti and the US
- served as President of the Evangelical Council of Churches in Haiti
- served as Interim General Secretary for the Council of Churches in Haiti
- was a member of the Religious Advisory Council of Churches to the Haitian government from 1984-1986
- awarded two doctoral degrees from universities in the US and Haiti
- holds an MA in Bible from Columbia International University, South Carolina and is recognized as a “Distinguished Alumnus” of that university
- served for forty-one years as the Director of Church Growth Strategy for French Speaking Countries with Ministries In Action where he ministered to churches in North America, the French-speaking Caribbean and France
- has already done twenty 8-day crusades this year in the US, Haiti, Grand Cayman, and France and has three more planned for November and December. This list of crusades does not include preaching engagements and 2-3 day pastoral conferences already conducted for 2011.
His ministry and life verse is 2 Samuel 7:12 – “Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, ‘Thus far has the LORD helped us.’ ”
Prayer Request: God’s strength to continue to do His work. He jokingly said that even though he feels quite young in spirit, his physical body doesn’t always feel the same.
Pastor Bre joined the ESMI staff full-time in October as the Coordinator of Leadership Development. He is currently in Haiti for the next three weeks. He has already done two four-day crusades in Les Cayes and Jeremie, will do another four-day crusade and a two-day pastoral training in Jeremie on Christian Leadership before the week ends. He will then head to Gonaives early next week where 126 pastors have already signed up for two days of training.
His thoughts on Haiti: “God has a plan for Haiti…a restoration plan. I’ve always dreamed that Haiti would one day grow spiritually, morally, and economically. I’m happy to be a part of the ESMI ministry team, a ministry that focuses on the total man and a vessel that God can use to make this a reality.”