“I thank my God every time I remember you.
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…”
Greetings My Brothers and Sisters in Christ:
This Thanksgiving, I first want to thank you for your prayers as we come to the end of another hurricane season. I want to thank you also for how you responded to the two recent floods in southern Haiti with your financial gifts.
With your funds, Pastor Nirva of Cherette was able to replace the basic items, such as cooking utensils, clothing for the children, etc., that were lost in the flood waters.
Then always, after so much rain and flooding, the spread of cholera becomes another great threat. With the funds you sent, we purchased more of the filtration buckets for distribution to the communities affected.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve our community in such a practical way. Our people thank you also and are appreciative of your love and care for them.
We want to also thank you, our partners, for how you enable us to minister to the next generation of Haitian leaders…the children. This video shows the children in Jeremie singing “Bondye Bel.” Several of those in the video are the ones who were in the Carrefour Children’s Home, Port-au-Prince when the earthquake struck on January 12, 2010. We are grateful to the Lord for how they are adjusting to their new home and city.
Praise and Prayer Report
- Thank God for how He is enabling His churches to grow. BonBerger, Savannes and Bon Borger, Les Cayes are growing and are seen as landmark churches in the community.
- Many of you were in prayer over the summer for Pastor Wilio Boyer of Port Salut. Pastor Boyer met in a terrible motorcycle accident on his way to church. He was in a coma for over fifteen days. Doctors thought he would not recover because of the severe head injury but praise God, Pastor Boyer is back preaching the word of God in Port Salut.
- Pray for me as I prepare to give a Marriage Seminar in the city of Les Cayes the third week of January, 2012
- Pray as I seek to raise the needed funds of $10,000 to re-open Radio Shekinah, Les Cayes. The station reached over two million people in southern Haiti. This outreach was very beneficial to the community not only for its Biblical teaching and Christian music but also for the training and discussions relevant to all the listeners such as farmers, community leaders, etc.
- There are about 100 churches and leaders in S. Haiti seeking affiliation with the new denomination, the “Reformed Churches of Haiti.” Pray for wisdom as we put the Credential Committee together.
- Our older children have grown up here in Haiti for the last fifteen years, and this year it was time for them to return to Canada to continue their education. Please pray for their adjustment.
- My monthly support is currently behind by about 25%; pray for God’s provision as the year draws to an end.
Martina and I thank you for your faithful prayers and financial support of us as we serve the Lord in Haiti.