“What then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us,
Who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31
Dear Partners in Ministry:
Thank you for your faithful prayers and financial support in 2011. As we approach this new year, I have been reflecting on Romans 8:28-39. There are three truths from this passage that enables me to approach 2012 with confidence in our Lord: 1) God’s power is dependable, v.28-31; 2) God’s promise is certain, v. 32-34, and 3) God’s love is endless, v.35-39. I pray that as you reflect on these verses with me, you too will be praying and confidently expecting God to do great things as we serve Him together in reaching the lost in Haiti with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
ESMI’s primary focus will continue to be Evangelism through church planting and leadership development. The hope this year is to:
- plant at least five new churches: two in the Grand-Anse Department, one in Cap-Hatienne, and two in the South Department
- assist five of our “preaching points” to be adopted by North American churches
- conduct six national leadership retreats for pastors and elders in the months of January, February, March, May, June and July. We expect, as in the past, that there will be over 100 men in attendance
- continue to equip leaders in the different cities through the El Shaddai Theological Seminary
- see the El Shaddai Theological Seminary in Jeremie in full operation
In the area of Education, our goals are to:
- continue to raise the resources to complete Phase I of the University in Jeremie the administrative/classroom building and the dormitory building
- develop a sponsorship program for those older orphaned children throughout the different campuses who are eligible to attend this university in Jeremie
- build two secondary schools
- develop a vocational school on the Cambry site
In the area of Empathy, the desire is:
- to have a medical doctor on each of the five medical sites: Cambry, Les Cayes, Casa Major, Gonaives, and Jeremie
- to have medical short-term teams visit the above sites monthly
- to see an additional 100 new short-termers in Haiti. We praise God for the 500 who visited in 2011.
- to continue to restructure and reorganize the quality of care for the children on the different sites, especially those on the Gonaives sites in Fayeton and Mapou. In 2012, we plan to build two new children’s homes on the recently acquired land in Mapou.
- to organize retreats for the care-givers on all the ESMI campuses
In the area of Economical Development, our prayer is to see:
- a businessman join our executive team to provide leadership in this vital ministry outreach
- the development of a Tilapia Farm on the Cambry and Jeremie campuses
- the establishment of an ice-factory and poultry businesses
We look forward to a great year of ministry together as we serve the Lord here in Haiti. Again, many thanks for your prayers and financial support; and a blessed new year to you and your family.
In His Service,
Dony St. Germain
To see more about what God is doing through ESMI, visit our website: www.esmihome.org.