What to Pack
- Carry-on bag: You should pack all of your personal items in your carry-on, most teams will use your two 50-lb checked bags to bring supplies and items for the ministry.
- Passport: Must have a valid US passport. Please make sure that it is valid for a minimum of 7 months, check www.travel.state.gov website for current details on traveling international. Bring a copy of your passport.
- Bible, journal and pens: Make time to write and reflect your experience.
- Clothes: Pack cool clothing. Cap and sunglasses will help.
- For worship service:
- Men: Long dress pants, dress shirt with tie and jacket (optional)
- Ladies: Nice mid-length dress, or skirt and blouse. Dress modestly.
- Mission work: Ladies, please choose your shorts carefully. Remember the words “conservative and modest” as you choose your clothing for work and sight-seeing. Capris can be worn. Please no short shorts, spaghetti straps, or halter tops in public.
- Medical mission: Scrubs are appropriate for both men and women.
- Shoes: Shower shoes, dress shoes, sandals, sneakers
- Toiletries: Washcloth, towel, toilet paper, soap, toothbrush, tooth paste. Also pack a bottle of antibacterial soap or a packet of wipes. Check your airlines for TSA travel requirements.
- Flashlight, ear plugs: There are dogs that bark all night.
- Hat, glasses: If you wear contacts, bring prescription glasses / sunglasses
- Food or snacks: Two meals are provided: breakfast and dinner. You will need to pack items for your lunch. Pack snacks such as sandwich biscuits, fruit trail mix, granola bars, peanut butter crackers, etc.
- Reusable water bottle: Take one with you. In the mornings before leaving the guest house fill it up. A water cooler with filtered water will at the guest house. In Gonaives, bottled water will be bought for you to drink and to brush your teeth. Never drink the water from the faucet or shower head. Only use water from the water cooler or bottled water provided by your host.
- Medicine: Benadryl, Pepto, Immodium, Tylenol, small first-aid kit, Neosporin, motion sickness tablets, sun screen, mosquito repellant, malaria tablets, etc. personal first aid items, sunscreen
- Camera: Batteries, storage media
- Electricity: Same as USA, so pack your chargers
- Computer: Wireless internet access available at times.
- Spending Money: You may want to bring $100 for spending money. You will be responsible for meals in the airport, any other personal items and souvenirs you need.
- Do not bring: Anything that is irreplaceable or that has significant value (i.e. PDA, jewelry other than a wedding band).
Haiti Suggested Packing List
- Carry-on bag cannot measure more than 45 over all dimensions
- Personal piece (small back pack)
- Passport for international travel & a passport copy
- Cash for personal spending ($100 or less)
- Passport carrier (to wear under your clothes)
- Tickets (we have e-tickets)
- Credit card (you can use this at the airports)
- Emergency contact information
- Creole Phrase books and guide books
- Empty water bottle (write your name of it)
- Malaria medication
Athletic shoes for a lot of walking/Socks
- Dress shoes / sandals / nice flip-flops for church
Dress or skirts for church
- Shirts / blouses / t-shirt / sleeveless ok, but no tank tops
- Jeans / Capri / Slacks / long shorts / scrubs
Tie (if delivering the Word)
- Dress pants / dress shirt for church
- Polo type shirt / t-shirt / casual pants / shorts / scrubs
- Toilet paper / one roll for away from our guest house
- Medicines: Pepto-Bismol / motion sickness / Imodium/Tylenol / Malaria, if taking
- Selsun Blue Shampoo
- Comb and brush
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Towelettes for wash up
- Earplugs for travel and sleep
- Saline solution
- Extra pair of glasses/contacts/ prescription/Sunglasses
- Feminine hygiene products
- Beach Towel
- Wash cloth & towel
Other Useful/Suggested Items
- Dried fruit, peanut butter crackers, granola bars and healthful snacks
- Powdered Gatorade/propel
- Bible and devotional
- Playing cards
- Notebook and pen
- Coat hangers
- Laundry soap
- Flashlight/Watch/alarm clock
- Video camera or camera
- Sewing kit with safety pins
- Small first aid kit
- Bags for dirty clothes
- Pillow (if you want one)