Update-Food Relief Effort
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Thank You for Your Partnership in Such A Time As This!
Thank you for coming alongside us and meeting this urgent need in Haiti.
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me...And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
As this verse calls us to proclaim the Gospel, it reminds us of God's authority and His presence as we do so. Meeting this urgent, humanitarian need in Haiti gave our pastors the opportunity to share the Gospel. In these past few days, we have report of at least five people coming to know Christ. To God be the glory! Thank you for making this possible!
Mt. 28:18-20 (ESV)
Because of your support, ESMI was able to provide food to all of our children's villages/orphanages! Thanks you!
ESMI also purchased, in Haiti, and delivered food to four presbyteries in the following departments/states: Artibonite (Gonaives), South (Les Cayes), Grand’ Anse (Jeremie), and Central Plateau (Mirebalais).
Through this network of pastors, ESMI has given and will give:
THANK YOU FROM OUR PASTORS!
- 2750 bags of rice (for a total of 68,750 kilograms)
- 570 bags of corns, grits (28,500 pounds)
- 600 bags of wheat (30,000 pounds)
- 200 bags of flour (10,000 kilograms)
- 100 bags of sugar (5,000 kilograms)400 boxes of 4 liter Vegetable oil
- 650,000 vita meals
Thank you for giving our pastors the opportunity to share Christ in word and deed. In our last meeting, many of the pastors talked about the needs in their local church. One widow said that she had not eaten anything in five days. Another one passed out during the church services due to lack of food. But because of your prayers and gifts, these needs are being met.
THANK YOU FROM OUR WIDOWS!
This widow was served with much needed food. Hope her uplifted arms conveys the gratitude expressed to the pastor for God's provision through you!
ONGOING NEED FOR FOOD
The U.N World Food Program recently reported that an estimated 3.7 million Haitians need urgent assistance to meet their daily food requirements and we are seeing this need locally and nationally. We have a matching grant for GIVING TUESDAY to help with this ongoing need...more to share soon. Please pray for this effort.
Thank God for bringing some stability in Port-au-Prince in the last few days but unrest in the provinces still exist.
Thank you always for your prayers and ongoing support!
- Continue to pray for wisdom for the president to make the best decisions for the country.
- Pray for the opposition to stop blocking the roads with barricades and against gangs manning these blockades.
- Pray for safety of ESMI pastors and leaders as they serve
- Pray for a strong discipleship program in the churches as people come to know Christ.
- Pray for the Gospel proclamation as "felt needs" are met and that many more will come to a personal knowledge of Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Pray the Minister of Education. He has called for all schools to re-open on Monday, December 2nd.
Subscribe To Our Blog
11/16/2020 - Giving Thanks in the Midst of
08/11/2020 - Ministry Amidst Pain, Loss, an
04/15/2020 - Ministry Amidst COVID-19
01/11/2020 - Happy New Year 2020!
12/19/2019 - God's Intervention - Answered
12/02/2019 - Thanksgiving Update - Food Rel
11/26/2019 - $50k Matching Fund
11/26/2019 - Update-Food Relief Effort
11/02/2019 - Haiti-ESMI Prayer Request
10/24/2019 - Haiti - A Country in Turmoil,
10/08/2019 - Keep Praying With Me for Haiti
10/04/2019 - Help Me Pray for Haiti
09/27/2019 - Update from Dony and Sharon St
05/21/2019 - Haiti News Spring 2019
04/23/2019 - CLT March 2019 Board Meeting
03/06/2019 - March Update: Continued Constr
02/20/2019 - Feb Update: New Church Buildin
02/07/2019 - Another Gonaives Church Plant
02/07/2019 - Gonaives Church Plant-Pastor E
01/23/2019 - University of Jeremie Celebrat
10/28/2018 - April 2018 Newsletter
10/28/2018 - October 2018 Newsletter
01/03/2018 - 2017 Year End Update